HybridZ

collecting parts, need advice

jmark06

I'm doing a turbo swap into my 77 5spd and need advice on what else to buy. I'm looking for about 300rwhp and it's a daily driver. Here's my plan so far

already have:

82 zxt engine(doing rebuild, got the head worked, keeping stock pistons)

jsk fuel rail

440cc supra injectors (going to have cleaned)

need:

larg i/c (ebay)

fpr(need advice there, what specs am I looking for)

t3/t04e 50(57) trim

K&N intake

2.5" piping

3" exhaust

custom dp

autometer boost gauge

240sx tb

fuel pump(do I need walbro 255lph or can I go with MSD 43gph for cheaper)

turboxs H bov

non egr intake

and hopefully MSnS

I guess I'll be running around 15psi boost to get 300hp but I'm not sure.

Does this sound good and is there anything else I need? I've searched a lot and I think this is it but better safe than sorry. Is there anything I need to replace while the engine is apart and what do I need for the fpr and fuel pump. Thanks a lot.

Guest ON3GO

aeromotive a1000 adjustable efi fuel pressure regulator is the one to get.

a walbro 255lph will be good for 300whp, if not theres a few others that are better and abit more money.

i didnt see a boost controller on ur list, i would go with a nice electronic unit like a greddy profec b unit.

i would also get a pyrometer gauge (EGT), water temp, and oil pressure gauge, be on the safe side.

everything else looks good.

can always port the exhaust manifold for some more power, and get a electric fan also.

mike

p.s. i never had any luck with turbo-xs bov's, but if u have it already then i guess use it. they tend to leak.

Guest bastaad525

that Walbro 255 is good for a bit more than 300hp I think. I know I've heard of 'moderately' built up 400-500hp Supras running that same pump....

I would run DSM injectors. Same size and have the same clip as Nissan ones. You can also run them as O ring or trim the plastic and use a hose. It would save you from having to get an FPR and JSK fuel rail. I'd go bigger on the whole turbo but that's me. Don't use the standard turbine wheel if you want to meet your goals, stg3 min. 300 rwhp is cake at 15 psi with the right turbo. Use the 255 pump, it will easily do 500 rwhp. Some day you may want to crank it up with a little race gas. 30 psi boost gauge for when you do crank it up. Get a 4" thick intercooler if you are going with the cross flow 12x24 core. And most importantly a wideband O2 meter. LM1, PLX, ect.