HybridZ

ARP head stud nut missing threads

SleeperZ

Anyone seen this before? One nut of 14 was missing threads. Things were going smoothly swapping heads today (too smooth). Head and manifolds lifted off with only one thing I forgot to disconnect -- the turbo drain line, oops, twisted the crap out of that. The block cleaned up nicely, the studs all went on well, copper-coated the head gasket, new head dropped on snugly.

Couldn't tighten anything down, I needed a deep-well 12mm socket, and all I had was the shallow. It should be OK sitting until I get the tool and a replacement nut.

I guess I'll contact ARP. For $140, I expect 14 nuts with threads, not 13. Anyone dealt with this before?

Glad I could help. If you're impatient (like me) you could try threading it yourself, but it would be a pain to get just right, especially on a nut thats pretty much a blank. But hey you're getting another one, so if you screw up the threading then you can just wait.