HybridZ

pics of my 400$ z find

innerware

So, I got it towed to my place of business yesterday. I work in a converted warehouse and had to have a flat bed so I could roll it onto the shipping dock and roll it into my space. Its not ideal but now it is inside with all my tools and air compressor etc. The car is in amazing shape actually. It has sat for 7 years covered in San Ramon CA. The interior is in remarkable shape and I found the original tool bag unmolested with the original air can. I also have the original factory book that came with the car. The dash has only one small crack and the passenger seat is like new. The headliner and all other interior plastic are like new too. It will be a while before I can really start working on it but at least it is mine now. It is a 77 and I allready own a 78 so I am fairly familiar with the year model. The guy I bought it from has so many other cars and I included two pics of two of the many others he has. He has total a 70's GTO, a 71 charger, the blue truck in the pic, a 2003 mustange convertable, another late 60's charger, and three more unstarted projects in the back of the house. It was crazy. Anyway thought I would share my find as I am really excited and you all can appreciate more than most of my friends, wife, family etc.

showphoto.php?photo=3087&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3080&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3088&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3086&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3084&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3082&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3081&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3083&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=3085&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

Looks like the car I just bought for $400 also, lol. Same color too. Mine is in worst shape than yours though, as in the body (cursed rust), but the interior and the engine is in almost "came from factory" shape, just needs some vacumming.

They appear to be coming out of the woodwork.

I just picked up a '78 280Z, has not been registered for (4) four years. Slight rust in rear floor pans, leak under each quarter window, appx. 1/4" hole each side and a rust spot on the left rar quarter. Guy advertized on Classic Z. Then kept posting a countdown to the junk yard. I offered $200 (double what the junkyard would pay) and towed it home. It will make a perfect streat beater/daily driver and allow me to go wild with the previous 78 280. Interior was weaker than yours, engine was said to smoke a little, probably valve seals. (but I have an 81 ZX Shortblock and N42 head combo to go in) Black seats with red velour inserts.

Judging from the receipts, another case of a rookie who liked the car, but really couldn't work with it. $600.00 or so in "dealer receipts. This is the third car I've bought in the last two years. All had hefty receipt packs with them. The first two had factory rebuilt engines (Lazer___??) at less than 100,000 miles. I can't figure that. My previous 280, a 75 (owned from 1979 until totalled in 1985) was torn down at 100,000 miles. I was curious, autocrossing and familiar with American V-8s which needed reworking at that point. Bottom line, everything was still in spec, no discernable wear at 100,000. Why were the others rebuilt? No real indication from the receipts.

What can you do, but enjoy!