HybridZ

LS1 / T56 Update #41

This past weekend was good for the 280Z28. I finally got the exhaust leak corrected and the car is back to sounding very sweet. It makes me want to drive with the windows down just to listen to it.

On the opposite side - I got some new quarter window seals - the ones that install on the leading edge of the windows between them and the doors and got them in and the drivers door striker adjusted. Wind noise is almost non existent now and car is very quiet inside - for an S30 wtih a V8 anyway.

Also got the sound system tuned up again and I'm really enjoying it along with an AC system that is so far holding its own in the Texas heat.

My sons got me a Hurst shift kit for the T56 for Fathers Day / Birthday - tore the car apart to install and then figured out they'd ordered the one for the 93-97 T56 rather than the newer one that fits the LS1. Talk about a pair of frustrated young men.

Having wind noise almost non-existent and AC sounds like a good plan to me. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with AC at some point as well. It's on my list, but there's still a few other items above it...finishing the interior, body work, paint, etc.

I hear you. When the car was apart for the new interior and sound system I replaced the door, quarter panel window, and hatch seals. Also filled the rear fenders and quarter panels with foam, dynamatted and felted the whole thing. It makes it a bit cozy around the pedals for my size 12's but the car is significantly quieter and the effectiveness of the AC is noticably improved.

Now I need to get it back on the scales and see what my front/rear weights are now that it's basically done.