HybridZ

Got the turbo Z running!

but of course it decided to give me some grief. I noticed a lot of smoke coming out of the down pipe, and when i pulled the inlet pipe off i could see a fair amount of oil in it. So looks like my turbo could use a rebuild. Other than that, i am pretty pleased with the engine response.

yeah its a draw through set up. I picked it up on ebay for $315. The only thing i had to build was the cross over pipe and the down pipe. I also picked up a double pumper already modified for draw through for i think $87. There were a few things I had to do, my performer RPM intake was too tall so I bought a performer, and my HEI was too big so i had to buy a points. Oh and I had 10.5 compression with vortec heads so I had to get a set of 76 cc heads. But even with that all added up, I am into the whole set up less than $1000. It was worth it in my opinion just to hear it spool. :)

Man, for the money I'd say you were winning! I have collected at least $600 in V8 turbo parts, but I'm not even there yet!! The NA system first, then the turbo in due time (for me).

If you can get more pics of this in your car, we'd love to see them!!

Davy