HybridZ

I need a reducer fitting for a radiator hose...

80LS1T

The fitting on my LT1 thermostat housing is 1 1/4" and the fitting on my Griffin radiator is about 1 3/4"(I think its actually a little smaller but 1 3/4" will work). So I need a reducer to put in between the two different size hoses plus I need to be able to install a small outlet for the vent hose coming off the back of the heads! So I have to be able to either weld that piece in, braze it in, or drill a hole and tap it for a fitting.

So does anybody know where I can get something like this? I am going to look in the plumbing section at Menards tomorrow to see what I can come up with but I am a little doubtful that I will find what I need.

Guy

I had this package of rubber bushings to reduce radiator hose size of which I cannot find now. This would make a clean unobservable fit...Jegs has some filler and drain adapters from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2.. yout best bet maybe an exhaust pipe reducer that comes in about every size and cheap asw dirt if you cannot find the rubber reducer bushings..I wish I could find the package of bushings so I had a manufacturers name.

Guest Phil1934

Back of radiator catalogs have adapter sleeves for the smaller outlet of the two and then you run the larger size hose. Remember when auto parts had catalogs and would sell you a distributor cap without asking PB and PS or not? A/C or not? 2 dr or 4 dr?