HybridZ

Speedometer and Glove Box Door

Bartman

Okay I've searched here and other sites, and I can't find the answers to a couple of questions:

1. How do you remove the speedometer without removing the dash? Access seems pretty limited, but I know some of you have done this to install your aftermarket gauges.

2. The glove box door (at least mine) has 3 plastic pieces that serve as hinges and they're all broken. Can I fix them somehow or do I need to replace the whole piece? This piece is the entire inner side of the glove box door extending into where it attaches to the bottom of the glove box opening.

I have a 73 240Z.

The little thumb nuts on the gauges are sometime very tight from the long time since they were moved. IF that is the case, there is very little room to get a pair of pliers or vice grips in there......that means removing the dash.....

it's been a while, but it seems like there was one wingnut on the bottom corner of each gauge, and then a thin flat bar connecting the two gauges themselves. something like:

.O-O.

where the '.' would be a wingnut

the 'O' would be a gauge

and the '-' would be the bar connecting them

sorry if i'm recalling incorrectly.

Bart' date='

When I get home this evening, I will take a picture of the back of my old speedo and mail it to you.....at least you will know where to feel for it (without the aid of a patch of hair :shock::twisted: )[/quote']Thanks Tim.

I'm not going to touch that patch of hair comment.

:confused2:lmao:

Thanks for all the input on the speedo, I got both the Speedo and the Tach out last night.

Nullbound,

Your drawing and description were spot on. Even though I swear it wasn't there the first time I looked:shock: , Wick Humble has a good pic on page 122 of his book (I guess the first time I was reading the text and not looking at the pic's).

The wing nuts were pretty tight and the space was very limited, but I finally managed to coax them out without removing the dash.

P.S. - If I don't hear anything else about the glove box door, I'll go down the piano hinge route.