HybridZ

The ONLY way to appreciate 315's... (NO 56k)

The rears have a 5.75" BS and the fronts are 5.25".

The front wheels extend out ~1.25" past the original fender lip. The rears... 3".

How the hell do you get the 5.75" BS to clear on the rear? I currently have 5" BS and am looking at fitting wider wheels, and there dosnt appear to be enough room for 5.75" BS, I do run coil overs.

You guys must have modified brakes or something pushing out the mounting flange??

Yeah, I wondered that too. My BS is 5.00" and if I went 3/4" further inboard, even with my coilovers, I'd be rubbing the springs.

Hmmm.... I spec'd 5-3/4 BS when I ordered them and measured them when they arrived to confirm it. I haven't cut my struts... the rear spring perch is welded 9" up from the base of the strut tube (per the instructions) and I'm running 8" free length springs.

I think the difference lies with the Modern Motorsports Rear Stubs. The mounting flange is much thicker than stock and, combined with the rotor hat, gives me the clearance I need. That being said... I did grind a small portion of the spring perch off... but not much. Even without the perch ground down there's about 1mm of clearance.

Hmmm.... I spec'd 5-3/4 BS when I ordered them and measured them when they arrived to confirm it. I haven't cut my struts... the rear spring perch is welded 9" up from the base of the strut tube (per the instructions) and I'm running 8" free length springs.

I think the difference lies with the Modern Motorsports Rear Stubs. The mounting flange is much thicker than stock and' date=' combined with the rotor hat, gives me the clearance I need. That being said... I did grind a small portion of the spring perch off... but not much. Even [i']without[/i] the perch ground down there's about 1mm of clearance.

I think that my Coil over springs are the 10" varity, Wow 1mm clearance doesnt alloy for much tire flex??? Have you seen how much a tire distorts sideways under hard cornering??

...Wow 1mm clearance doesnt alloy for much tire flex??? Have you seen how much a tire distorts sideways under hard cornering??

That 1mm was at the lip of the wheel, but that's kina irrelevant since I ground it down and now have about .5".

Man another thread that urges me to splurge on a set of CCW's. Car looks awesome also, just get some flares so you don't look like mike...

You know, John... it's all a big conspiracy to take advantage of those urges!

Yes... Flares are a must, for me atleast.