HybridZ

JTR vs John's car Zcar V8 conversion kit

I think in general that you go with JTR if you're not planning on installing an LS1 engine, and use John's if you are. I'm sure others will post their preferences, but for non-LS1 small block Chevy's you can't beat JTR! They've been around a long time, they have great prices, and from what I've heard great support as well. Get JTR's book to start (if you haven't done so already), it has great information about swapping even if you don't use their kit. They even tell you how to make your own parts so you don't have to buy the kit.

The Scarab and Hooker conversions were probably the same. I have a 1996 PAW automotive parts catalog that lists the Datsun Z and 620 pick-up kits.. I still have the pick-up conversion klt with the fiberglass tunnel for the 350 tranny. I had a Buick V6/620 Datsun pick-upconversion that I drove once and converted it back to the L20 B 4 cyl because the frontend was top heavy and the L20 with a Weber offered better handling and slightly less performance with the 5 speed.