HybridZ

NZR. But Twin Turbo 4 cyl.. questions..

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Hey guys.

im building my exhaust manifold for my VW rabbit.

this car is just to see what i can build, using whatever parts i have or whatever i can build, and a few off teh shelf parts.

I have 2 K03 stock 1.8T VW Golf GTI 2000 and up turbos.

i wanted to use these as there free, there small, and should make good power for this low cost project.

The engine is a 2.0 16v 4 bannger from a Jetta GLI, its sorta high compression so ill be running 2 headgaskets. YES i know, 2 sounds stupid and wont work... well i guess in the VW land this is what they do and some have 400+hp out of there double headgasketed motors. If it blows 3 months later on my engine im fine with that, i just wanna see what she can do for those 3 months lol.

SO the manifold im making is tubular, S.S. , and its 2 cyls per turbo.

now will this NOT work at all, or will work but be sorta a pain to tune and etc.

im willing to learn so if it will work, and prob work fine but just be a pain to build and tune then im fine.. im up for the task.

if this wont work please tell me why, i cant see why not as there so small.

ill be pushing 18psi out of each one and will be tuning with a Haltech E6K.

oh.. 2 runners that will go to one flange and one turbo will sit up alittle higher to clear from hitting the other turbo, and both will be slanted up abit so exhaust and intercooler piping will be made easier.

thanks

mike

Guest ON3GO

like i said i dont want to spend money on this car, i have the turbos.. they were free, there in perfect shape.

a bigger single turbo would be stupid because i need one on my blue Z 1st :D.

like i said its a big budget car.

mike

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Spool Would Be Slow And I Would Run Same Pulse Manifolds Like Mentioned Above To Keep The Turbos Flowing Equally Rather Than Chopping Up The Exhaust Pulses. It Could Be Cool If Done Right And Probably Lead To Quite Abit Of Power At Lower Boost Levels Than A Large Single.