HybridZ

Has anyone swapped a 5.6 nissan.

kraymond

Guest ON3GO

i havent seen a 5.6 from a titan or other nissan suv's at one junkyard yet.

it hasnt been swapped in yet as far as i know but it would be a cool swap.

wonder if the 350Z 6-speed bolts up to it??

mike

as far as anyone is aware, there aren't any manual trannies that bolt right up to the VH/VK engines. one can be bolted onto the engine using a conversion plate or custom bell housing pretty easily. i wouldn't use a Z 6-speed though. they've been known for having some issues (the earlier Z33 6-speeds at least). the newer ones might be a bit more expensive. i'd use a Z32 5-speed personally. very strong tranny and can be had for very cheap.

The Titan and Armada are practically brand-new, I would be surprised if their engines are "plentiful" in the junkyards....

edit: I guess if you search online you could have one shipped....not the same as dropping by the local JY though

There's only 3 VK56's on car-part.com, ranging from $3,000 to 3,800. I've been wanting one bad to TT, but don't have that kind of cash right now, so a vh45 will have to do for the meantime.

They weigh 228kg's (511), all aluminum, and nothing bolts right up. You could have an adapter plate or a bellhousing made up to fit any tranny as Cookson said, if you wanted it bad enough.