HybridZ

Kirkey Vs. Ultra Shield road race seats

rustrocket

For my project triumph spitfire, i'm looking for a driver's seat. I've been looking at the Kirkey Intermediate Road Race Seat and the Ultra Shield Pro or Deluxe road race seats. Has anybody has any experience with these? This car is not going to be a daily driver, more for track events and flogging the backroads somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

For my project triumph spitfire, i'm looking for a driver's seat. I've been looking at the Kirkey Intermediate Road Race Seat and the Ultra Shield Pro or Deluxe road race seats. Has anybody has any experience with these? This car is not going to be a daily driver, more for track events and flogging the backroads somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have any experience with the Ultra Sheild, but I do have the Kirkey intermediate in my car and LOVE it. It is extremely comfortable. There's times where I could take a nap in it. I did have the Kirkey economy seat, and wasn't all too happy with that one and put it on the passenger side.

I (heart) my Ultrashield. I was one with the car when I used them, but I've never used the Kirkey seats. They appear to be very similar. Being my ars is softer now than it ever has been, I needed something more forgiving and went to the Forza now that I see the street more often.

I think i might go for the kirkey, as they seem a little more cost effective and comfortable from what i've heard.

Preith - Does the seat get uncomfortable on longer distances? Do you know about how much thr seat weighs?

Terry - Did you have the road race seat?

I think i might go for the kirkey' date=' as they seem a little more cost effective and comfortable from what i've heard.

Preith - Does the seat get uncomfortable on longer distances? Do you know about how much thr seat weighs?

Terry - Did you have the road race seat?[/quote']

I don't typically drive it for more than an hour at a time (just in sprint races) but the seat is never uncomfortable. I'd venture to guess 3-4 hours wouldn't be a problem. The biggest problem with my car is the heat! Maybe that takes my mind off of eveything else.

As for weight, it's light. I beleive I did see the weight listed in a catalog somewhere, I'm guessing about 10 lbs.

One of the issues with aluminum race seats is what Preith mentioned, heat. Aluminum has a very high heat transfer rate so if the exhaust on your car is heating up the floorboards there's a good chance that heat will get into the seat. If the seat's aluminum, the heat will propogate all through it.