HybridZ

Nitrous for my sbc 383.

Guest zfan

Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to install a small shot of nitrous (100) hp on my 385 sbc. I have never messed with the stuff before but the engine is built for it(all forged internals).

Is there a book or articles that would shed some light on the subject? I know to jet rich like 2-4 jet sizes but not much else.

Mike

Just go to your local speed shop and buy a plate kit.It should include everything you need to get a basic system up and running.Go to NOS or Zex or Nitrous works web sites for some technical reading and chat with the local gearheads.A 100 shot can pick you up 6 or 7 10ths in a 1/4 in a Z car(at least thats what happened in mine!).Take care with the tuning to avoid backfires(large flames) and lean conditions(terminal engine meltdown).Nitrous is like Liquor.A little bit is fun,but get carried away, and your in for BIG problems.Just do your homework.

If you are going to buy a NOS system, I would recommend a cheeter plate system, it is adjustable. Then I would buy a NOS progressive controller to go with it. Adjust plate to a 150hp shot, use the progressive system with it. You set it up to only give you a 20% initial shot then let come in after a second or two. This is what we use and it is gental on your car / diffirental.

http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=629333&an=0&page=0#629333

read thru this post should answer MOST questions,

ID strongly suggest you install a good WET plate style systemDRY systems tend to burn parts far faster, and, both adjusting it to be slightly too rich on fuel and retarding your timing slightly, both adjustments tend to keep detonation under control