HybridZ

Head/Neck Restraints

preith

I thought I'd start a new thread on head and neck restraints. There's been alot of talk about this since the fatality at The Glen. I was wondering what's out there for the club racer? The only thing I can find is the G-Force (Racer Wholesale) setup, which looks good to me.

It should be noted the Hutchens Device failed SFI tests, and Nascar banned all use of them in January of this year.

I went back and read the description of Racer Wholesale's piece, and it states "All approved helmets come with attachment points for the SRS-1 and have to meet Snell or SFI certification with the attachment points manufactured into the helmet"

With that said, if it does meet SFI requirements, it would be a fantastic, low cost unit at around $200.

It should be noted the Hutchens Device failed SFI tests, and Nascar banned all use of them in January of this year.

Anyone want a nice, strong harness to keep your head from bobbing forward from sleep on those long, lonely drives?

BTW... the reason I didn't ever use my Hutchens device was that the helmet was connected by the straps to your crotch. I figured, in a wreck, your balls were sacrificed to save your neck.