HybridZ

What is the difference between 20psi and 23 with the stock t3? Dyno graphs inside.

Thumper

The answer is about 10hp and 10lb-tq. I was just looking at my old dyno graphs and noticed my boost setting was higher than I thought. It looks like it peaked at 23.15 and then dropped to 18psi by 6100rpm. The run before was at 20.47psi then drop to 16.5psi This was on my old engine that I didn't love like I should have. The lighter line, that can barely be seen, is the lower boost setting. The dip in power at 5200rpm on the 23psi run was from a loose connector on my ignition module. This is still with the boost controller dialed down the t3 can put out more air it seems. I would not think much more though and obviously it is just a super heated hair dyrer at this boost level, but none the less I thought this was interesting.:twisted: The engine specs were:

83' l28et P90a w/ hydraulic lifters

Starion Intercooler

Homemade MBC

1Gbov

2" intercooler piping

60mm throttle body

370cc injectors on a jsk fuel rail

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Aftermarket 1:1 FPR

Stock efi with modded afm

Everything else was stock

365383_21_full.jpg

365383_20_full.jpg

so, your contention from these verified testings...

is....

that....

you get about "3 HP per pound of boost"...

(Ducks into the shadows, runs for cover)

LOL

Neat Graphs BTW...

I'd run my stock T3 to 21 psi on a few occasions, but usually limited it to 17. This is an interesting graphset.

Guest bastaad525

This post fits in VERY well with my other thread about how much HP you get per psi... it shows very nicely just how much the T3's efficiency and returns per psi increase, lessen at much higher boost levels. At everything up to 14psi, I gained no less than 15hp for every one psi increase. Obviously not long after 14psi, the increases drop pretty sharply :D

Thanks for testing where I could not dare, Thumper :D