HybridZ

Roto-Master? (big pics)

Guest Ricter

Guest Ricter

I went today to get my turbo intake manifold, and various other turbo goodies off my donor car, and a couple of things left me confused.

Has anyone ever heard of a roto-master turbo?

turbo1.jpg

turbo-label.jpg

The tag says T04B.. is this the same as a Garret T04B?

Also, can some tell me why this turbo has no wastegate? There was no Extrernal wastegate on the car either.

manifold1.jpg

And finally can anyone tell me what this piece on the intake pipe is? It has no means of identification, not so much as a part number stamped anywhere.

pipe2.jpg

pipe1.jpg

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

you might wanna try contacting turbomeister, he uses these turbos i beleive on his 383TT

No I have Rajays, but I think the T04B is a Garrett or Turbonetics designation. I believe Tim240z has 2 T04B's for his project. Roto-Master was probably bought out by the larger company like Garrett just like Rajay is now fully owned by Turbonetics.

Older engines with "Free Wheeling" Turbos dont have wastegates because the engine displacement limits the boost they make. My turbo exhaust housings are on the large side and I'm not using wastegates because my engine can only produce a maximum of 17 psi boost.

It looks like the pipe transitions to a larger diameter opening and the endpiece allows a hose equal to the larger opening to be used.

Hope this helps,

Hanns

Rotomaster was bought out, I think by Garrett/Airesearch (sp) now just Garrett. They have the internals of a Garrett. I have one, or at least the compressor housing says Rotomaster. I had it rebuilt a few times (my oil issues, not the turbo's) and they just did it with Garrett parts. If that turbo of yours takes a 3 inch intake hose, that compressor wheel of yours is pretty small. For reference sake mine has the same compressor A/R (.60) but the wheel is a bit bigger, it doesn't neck down nearly as much when it gets to the compressor wheel. I got 357 rwhp on my Supra engine with it before I upgraded. I still have mine sitting on a shelf. I had it rebuilt 2000 miles ago.

Just a guess, but they might have been using a pressure relief valve or something like that on the intake side instead of a wastegate. Not the right way to control boost but would work.

Anthony

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/674663