HybridZ

Help!!!

Guest Myz87

Guest Myz87

Hey I jus got a new starter, alternator, and starter relay installed an my Z still won't crank unless i take a wire underneath the hood and spark it directly at da relay...........i don't know what it coulds be am thinkin it could be suttin wit the ignition coil or suttin........NE ideas sumone help!!!!!

Ahem.. :roll: For starters (no pun intended) I'd try to use proper english.. it's easier to understand, and will ussualy get you more help.. What you just wrote (well, the way you wrote it) is likely to get you flamed more than

I would guess you have a problem with geting power from the key to the relay. There will be one wire on the back of the key cylinder that will go 'hot' (put out 12 volts) only when you turn the key to 'start' and that will go to the relay. Sounds like your ignition switch may be the problem.. although, it may be a power conection/clip going TOO the relay that has gone bad.. Time to get the milti meter out. :)

So your stock 87 with a bad starter goes 12 flat at 122mph in the quarter huh?I'd personally appreciate it if you did'nt bother offending some quality efforts and accomplishments by other REAL members here with your poor grammer,spelling,and outright LYING in the timeslip area.Guys here work hard and spend real money making Z cars fly.We need no PUNK TROLLS.Great 1st post.