HybridZ

What's your acceleration?

BrandonsZ

that is severly flawed...you will never get an accurate reading because it doesn't take momentum into account. Without some type of damping, the initial movement will go way too far (ie: when you hit the gas, the thing will probably hit the roof...and there's no way you are accelerating over 4g's in a street z), then it will swing back and forth so much that you can't get an accurate measurement.

Just reread my post and it came off reading rude. Didn't mean that.

I don't think that will work in a car. I have seen home made devices like that in an airplane. But in the plane they could just hold a steady turn with a 45° bank and know they were pulling 2G's (in pilot speak 1G is level flight). But a car will not hold a constant acceleration in a straight line long enough for that string to quit swinging. You will never get an accurate reading.

If your car is OBDII then get some type of data logger that records the speedometer readings. Most of those devices have some type of software which will convert that to acceleration and plot it.