HybridZ

Went for the first drive today!

Here is how she looked today.

http://www.circuitflex.com/HoodOn1.jpg

Well it was fairly uneventful, except for the fact that the car has an unbelievable amount of torque! Let me tell you that those stock shocks and springs will squat big time at about 1/2 throttle which is as far as I took it today. One problem surfaced, the clip on wire to the alternator keeps coming off causing the battery to drain down. I know that Taurus fan sucks juice like no tomorrow. Luckily I figured it out before it left me somewhere (carrying jumper cables now, along with a full tool box). EFI Live reports the operating temp to be around 195 to 210, which sounds about right, but the Datsun gauge shows it a little higher.

Did a crank relearn procedure today using EFI live (new PCM).

Now I gotta get to the muffler shop and have my Borla’s put on. Then it’s tune time.

All in all it was a great feeling to drive the beast, too bad the radio could not be heard.

On a lighter note the exhaust dumping under the car clears a path of pinestraw down the driveway, here’s a pic.

http://www.circuitflex.com/DrivewayStripe.jpg

I noticed you have modified your fuel rail.

A friend 'claimed' the stock LS1 was good for <10 seconds 1/4, and just wondered why you modifed yours? I have an LT1 and I modified mine because LT1's seem to run out of fuel ~540 RWHP.

Thanks just wondered. NICE setup btw.

Dale - Congrats guy! Good to see another LS1 up and running! The club of running LS1 conversions is steadily growing.

That pic of the cleared area in the pine needles is neat.

Jack 46 - your friend can 'claim' anything but a stock LS1 actually in a street car will only do under 10 at an 1/8 mile track. I'd believe under 12 in a properly set up & lightened 240 with DR's and an automatic in the 1/4 - but not less than 10. Even Scotty's GNZ didn't get under 10.