HybridZ

Rack and Pinion - tie rod ends

OK group... at the risk of seeming like a complete idiot, I installed a new rack and pinion into my Z (77 model 280). On the rack that was in the car, the left (drivers side) tie rod end was the one that was right hand side threads. On the new rack the right side is the one with right hand side threads??? So I just switched sides with the tie rod ends and it bolts up. The tie rod ends aren't interchangable, one is left hand, one is right. Is this OK? or should I exchange it. How does one order new tie rod ends... by thread direction, by side? I'm confused. Bear in mind I'm no noob when it comes to cars. I forget the reason one is rh and one left, for adjustment purposes right?

whoops... I think I've got it backwards, like you say Jamie, the drivers side was the one with the left hand side threads on the original. Uhh... you turned it counterclockwise to thread it on. But anyhow, same problem the new one was right hand side threads on the drivers side.