HybridZ

Is it worth it?

Guest mark123

Guest mark123

Just a noob here. I am wondering if it is worth putting an old 350 that I have already into my Z31. It's a 2-bolt main, nothing fancy.

Should I use it or just wait to pick up an LS1/LT1 or something similar?

Guest mark123

Thanks. :) I may as well give it a go. I am pretty sure I can squeeze a few extra HP out of a 2-bolt without any trouble. I don't plan on going crazy with it anyways. I just want a Z that pulls hard without turbo. :)

I have to disagree, I had a completly stock 71, with everything in the car, including a/c and a half a tank of gas and it weighed in at 2250. I can easily see it hitting 2100 lbs. With that said my 83 turbo with a half a tank weighs in at 2720

I have to disagree, I had a completly stock 71, with everything in the car, including a/c and a half a tank of gas and it weighed in at 2250. I can easily see it hitting 2100 lbs. With that said my 83 turbo with a half a tank weighs in at 2720

Wow 2720 seems pretty light for a 280ZXT. I thought they were just shy of 3000lbs. I figured my 280ZX weighed in at 29xxLBS for sure. Those are the kind of numbers I have seen. Some in the 2800's but I sure didnt think the ZX's were in the 2700's? Anyone else weigh in there ZX(T)?

I thought the 240Z's were in the 2400lbs range stock? So I figured minus all the a/c stuff you could see 2300's?

Guy

Guest mark123

Regardless of all that, I have a Z31 (1984-1989) which is a 300zx. Admittedly, it is a heavy car but I believe the addition of a 350 sbc will pull it pretty nicely. :)