HybridZ

I'm officially Banks TT! Recommend Stall Please.

LOL!

I'm not sure what to expect, and I mean that in every sense of the word. I saw Anthony Dickson do an 8.15 at 175mph pass in his turbo mustang and he left pieces of the rear bumper on the track. It was the most wicked wheelie I've ever seen that the driver stayed in it. I don't know the z's, I don't know how they react to power, how they slide in corners, how they handle, or anything of the kind. Seat time is the key and playing is the game, it'll take time.

I watched Hanns video and creamed my undies. It's like the power never really peaks, just keeps building and building like the energizer bunny on crack. If it's controllable, then I'm in. I've built engines, trannies, and rear ends for 28 years, but never drove a race car at all until 3 years ago. yeah, I know, that sucks, but I'm making up for lost time now, besides, when I was in my 20's money and me were not synonymous. Now I piss it off on all kinds of go fast toys, but if I was smart I'd pay off everything I owed.

Don't even think about paying off everything, those poor bankers have families to support. Have fun, go fast, and put on some whellie bars. You can tune the chassis with them, get them long and solid, don't get a sprung set. I have gone 1.15 60 ft. riding a set of solid bars on my Z. The front tires only come off about 3 inches.

I calculated it exactly and it has 12.68 compression now and the limit for alcohol is theoretically 12.5, so that's close enough, gives me a boost limit of 19 psi. The latent heat of vaporization for alcohol is alot greater than gas and the air intake temp is drastically lower for alcohol than for gas in a blow through environment and the octane equivalent of alcohol in relation to gas is 150. This allows for alot more static compression to be run under boost. Couple that with the overall increase in BTU's at correct AFR then you end up with about 200 more HP under identical boost conditions than you do with gas. So, in a nutshell if you can make 600HP forced induction with gas, alcohol will net about 800HP all things (hard parts) being equal. This system is set up for 16psi boost. On a 350 chevrolet with 100 octane gas, non intercooled, produces about 800 HP, so on alcohol with excellent AFR heads, roller cam, should make in excess of 1000HP at the flywheel and should net over 800 at the wheels. Pretty incredible considering it's only 16psi boost. I'd really like to order another set of AFR heads and leave the combustion chamber at 76cc which would drop the compression down to 9.5 and turn the boost up to 22 psi which should net around 1300HP and over 1000TQ, now that'd be a ride that would put a smile on ol' grandma.

So... the answer is both.

I've never used a coan converter, don't know much about them other than what I've read in magazines. Art Carr built me a TH400 back in the 80's and gave me an unconditional money back 2 year guarantee in writing. He said I couldn't tear the tranny up and I didn't. I've bought converters from him before and in checking, his prices are alot cheaper than coan's so I'll just stay with him.

Anyway, nobody ever recommended a stall, at http://www.bankspower.com you can see the dyno charts under the twin turbo section and see that it's making over 5psi boost at 3800 rpm, which equates to 600HP or so and over 500TQ. I was wanting a soft hit due to wheelies and parts damage, so I was thinking about 3000 stall. I think its going to be fast enough anyway, I'd just like to not overpower the launch and end up with a car that is completely undrivable. Comments and suggestions?