HybridZ

Turbo from Z31 any useful?

TheNeedForZ

I have access to a turbo from a Z31 in the wreck yard, it is still installed on the car. Wonder if it's compatible with L28et swap or has any useful purpose. Is there a model name for the turbo(like T-something)?

I span the turbo fan and it rotated freely, has some play(I'd say .005" or more) I can't see directly into the turbo but from finger touch the fan fins are not damaged at all.

Any other way to tell if a turbo is in running condition? Afterall the car is in a wreck yard but the car is not a totalled vehicle. Pardon my noob question, coming in here asking will this fit that or will that fit this. This particular turbo is the first one I put my hands on. I asked the turbo many questions but it didn't say anything back.

Thanks

All you have to do to install this is re-clock the compressor side, use the the 280zx wastegate or modify the 300zx wastegate, put the exhaust housing downpipe wastegate thingy ma gig on instead of the stock 300zx one (or just use the 300zx downpipe, and put a longer rubber hose on the drain tube.