HybridZ

Ebay Whiners

dr_hunt

I guess you'll be giving him positive Feedback ;~) Gotta love that delivery service! Enjoy the purchase...light years beyond my capabilities; but, right up your alley! Love great eBay acquisitions!

I agree, I once had a guy bring the part to my work and drop it off for me. Only cost me 5 bucks for the delivery. Not quite like having it flown in but, cool anyway.

auction was for a gale banks blow through twin turbo setup, complete and in as new condition with dyno time only. He claimed 730+HP and 600+TQ on pump gas at 16psi. Pretty lazy compared to what banks claims, but in talking to him it was a stock 80's vette engine.

Anyhoo, I thought it was a good deal, I thought I won it in a honorable fashion by bidding once and becoming the high bidder although I only bid once and only bid the last minute, such is life. esnipe or no esnipe, if you don't put in a big enough $$ you ain't gonna win. Just like you all say I did, I appreciate it.

Sometimes I just need a reality check or should I say a moron check.

Positive feedback is on the way baby!

.The turbo's are rayjay's, don't know what size, but looks comparable to a garret gt25 in size.

That's what mine are (375 E 80). They should have a tag on the compressor side listing the flow, serial #s, and name. Mine are now 15 years old but had been sitting around for 12. They are very basic but work well when properly sized.

I knew mine wouldn't fit unless the manifolds place them in front of the engine.

Hanns

Tags say Model 3AA1BB90B1, Ser. 0136638 and 9, Part # 600586-08, that's all it says.

Been blading roads all day and I'm worn out, so pic's will have to wait until later this week when I get it mocked up with the down pipes and BOV's. It'll look impressive anyway.

Yeah' date=' I mean that if an auction ends at a certain time, just because you want it doesn't mean it'll end early just for you. If someone outbids you then that is what the auction is about and it ain't over until it's over, 45 seconds or 5 seconds, that's just how it is. What really gets me is that 4 or 5 guys send emails to the seller saying that I sniped the auction and that's illegal. Really, what if I just happened to log on to EBAY, find this item with 1 minute left, decide hey I want that, bid and whammo, I get it. Is that sniping? Then the same 4 or 5 guys send me emails to see if I intend on completing the transaction or if I'd sell it to them for what I paid for it. I think not, it wasn't an accident!

Just so happens, I was going to buy one anyway direct from Banks, they are $3800 without upgrades like this one has. With the upgrades, it's like $4800 so it is still a smokin deal at $3500.

All I can say is that they are loosers.[/quote']

That's a pretty good deal. Do the turbos need a rebuild or are they still good?

The turbo's are really, really tight, turn nice but have no slop or play whatsoever. This guy really, really stands behind his claim of dyno time only and it shows everywhere on the pieces.

I'm thinking I'm going to make an exhaust spacer to move the manifold out a bit on the driver side so that it clears the valve cover and use a longer silicone boot. For the z I'm going to have to fab an exhaust that mounts them like turbomeister's are. I guess if I can't beat him I'll just copy him.

I don't have time right now, too much work, hopefully, well, yeah, this weekend I'll post pictures and get some feedback and input from you pro's on how to make this all work correctly.

I was trying to look up the turbo's last night but I couldn't find much on Rayjay turbos, except that they make aircraft applications mainly.

I have a new ebay whiner question... Sometimes when I sell items on ebay I'll set a reserve price. I always research similar items that have sold recently and set my reserve low enough to still give the buyer a deal. I often get people asking what my reserve is. I don't think I have ever asked anyone what their reserve price is. I feel that ebay keeps it hidden for a reason and if they want to know badly enough then they can bid until it is reached. If they hit their limit and the reserve isn't met then it doesn't cost the bidder anything.

If I respond to their questions by trying to explain that I don't want the reserve known then will that scare off some potential buyers. Then again, if it scares them off then they probably weren't serious in the first place.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Guest Battle Pope

People who ask what the reserve is are usually "casual ebayers" who only want to take their time bidding on something that they know is going for way under what they'd usually pay for it.

I am of an alternative point of view on the "Reserve" issue (sorry that it seems that the eBayers have hijacked this thread).

I have been told by professional sellers on eBay that statistically, the most profits are generated by items that start at .99 , 1.00, 9.99 (low). What the seller is counting on is the bidding frenzy that many get caught up in. Yes, it is a bit of a gamble; but, the higher the stakes the higher the potential gain. I always start my auctions off at $1.00 and hope for the best. I've only been 'burned' maybe two or three times in over 100 selling transactions (over 250 overall transactions).

If someone has a minimum ('Reserve') that they will accept, it seems more logical to start the opening bid at that price. Many buyers get turned off by bidding in small increments only to see that dreaded red "X" ('Reserve not met'). I find it to be an unappealing 'game' on the part of the seller...."Guess what it is going to take to buy my item?". Generally , I avoid items with reserves; but, as I freely admit and most of you know by now, I'll always look for a way to get twenty five cents out of a nickel...(a great deal).

So, I think that Reserve Pricing doesn't help the seller or the buyer. If I politely ask the seller if they will disclose the reserve and they refuse, I move on to another item.

I refuse to pay retail prices on eBay as well, it defeats the whole point of it.