HybridZ

Injection / S.U.Carbs or 4 barrel

Guest flash

Pro's & Con's / I have a fresh L28 w/ new injectors & etc...

I also have an e88 intake w/ some decent 3 screw s.u. carbs

performance is my goal & of course simplicity is also nice

any suggestions

or should I pick up a 4 barrel intake & run a holley

experienced input is appreciated

Thanx

For long-term reliability & fuel economy the fuel injected L28 is the better way to go. If youo're thinking about trying to develop some kind of mega horsepower then carbuation may be an option. If carburators are better then why are all the new cars fuel injected?

Research.... 240 SX throttle body as a modification. You are going to get a lot of opinions on carb vs FI which all are correct. I wanted the equal length manifold Arizona Z 390 CFM Holley set-up and the dual Weber DGV downdraft set-up,the modified round top SU set-up. triple side draft Webers and the ZX turbo set up which are all premium priced, sought after aggressively and the Webers require a second mortgage due to supply and excessive demand. I decided to upgrade to a larger 240 SX throttle body and adapter, custom fuel rail with pressure gauge,free flow exhaust with late model cast manifold, polished aluminum FI manifold with pollution control removed and holes filled for the simple reason I have a stockpile of used EFI parts to interchange to reduce costs. A stand alone EFI would be about the best choice. Lot of members using Mega Squirt of which I know little but accordingly very efficent with power. Look to diff gearing, tranny ratios and tire size for increased power. I am considering a ZX 3.7 differential to equal performance lost from my oversized 15 inch tires on a 250 GTO project. gas prices will certainly be a blow to performance mods and a realoity factor in any modifications http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/larryjohnson97438/album?.dir=8223&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Guest bastaad525

having done both I DEFINATELY recommend EFI with a few basic mods like ported intake manifold, big bore T/B, and some easy way to get a little extra fuel like an adjustable FPR, as the stock EFI runs out of fuel quickly once you start increasing the flow.

SU's are great in that they are so so simple, and yeah no doubt you can make good power with them, but you can make good power with the EFI and will get much better driveability and fuel mileage.

Guest bastaad525

northridge is in the san fernando valley, about 20-30 miles north of downtown L.A. By the way I asked you a bunch of questions in that topic you originally replied to me in in the non tech section, if you could check that out.