HybridZ

Anyone has a Caterham Super 7 or similar kit car?

TheNeedForZ

driven a few of these cars..

quite awesome!

save gas... hmm no. well while it does get good gas milage as the motors that ppl put in these cars arent the biggest, your always in the throttle, you just need to be :D

i had a line on a real lotus se7en car that needed a complete once over for little little money but never jumped on the deal.. kick myself everyday for that.

ill build a kit version soon though :)

mike

I have seen a few as well, being at the all brit field meet in portland this last weekend, I saw more than a few. The one that caught my eye was the S2000 powered World Class Motorsports Ultralite. One thing I really liked about the car is that I fit in it (6'5" 250lbs) and it should have been fast as hell. I didnt get to drive, but the owners were more than happy about the performance.

http://www.WCMultralite.com

My other favorite one, though I cant find any info about it, is one that runs around the racetracks here in the Pacific NW that is powerd by a 1 litre bike motor. Its pretty neat.

Guest bastaad525

are you sure caterhams are illegal to drive in the states? Silly question maybe, but I could have SWORE I've seen one of these on the streets around my house before.

are you sure caterhams are illegal to drive in the states? Silly question maybe, but I could have SWORE I've seen one of these on the streets around my house before.

You problably saw some kind of kit. There's so many of them out there. I beleive because the Caterham is a complete car it can't pass the safety requirements. Grassroots motorsports built a Locust 7 kit with a miata-based drivetrain not too long ago. That seems to be the best bang for the buck, and legal on the highways.

There's still quite a few Caterham's in SCCA racing. I just saw one at the track last weekend. This particular one has a polished aluminum body with red and yellow fenders, really cool.

did an engine rebuild on a original super 7 once.it was the ford 1600 with the dohc cosworth head with 2 weber dcoe.put an electric fan with honda fan switch screwed into water port on the head.car was a street legal go cart.scary looking at the bottem of a truck while drivng on the freeway.it was rh drive.but the car was so narrow you really didnt notice it much.there is supposed to be some kind of 7 kit car locally with a honda s2000 drietrain in it .supposed to run high 10's.havent seen it in the flesh.always wanted to build a d sports racer car for the street though.with the modern parts we have(shocks ,brakes,engines) a 7 would be a fun car if it was well set up.