HybridZ

Air dam choice for 280Z without bumper, big IC

Guest Loose_Screws

Guest Loose_Screws

What air dam would you guys suggest for a '77 without a bumper and a big intercooler? I have removed both bumpers and the intercooler is hanging down below the frame just a couple of inches. I want an air dam that will provide plenty of flow into the intercooler.

I would like the air dam to be painted with rest of car as well. I will be on the autoX track, street, and dragstrip. No other skirting will be on the car, maybe flares and a lip on the rear deck.

Also, I have removed the lower valence and the small grill peice that goes with it. The were trash and so are the fenders and right headlight bucket, so all will be coming off. In fact, the car will be stripped for paint, so body work isn't an issue as long as it's not a complete PITA.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Guest Loose_Screws

Thanks for the pics! I may sit down and photochop a grill in there and see what it looks like.

How about a 240Z bumper? Are they hard to find and/or difficult to mount?

Thanks for the pics! I may sit down and photochop a grill in there and see what it looks like.

If you do, I would love to see it!

How about a 240Z bumper? Are they hard to find and/or difficult to mount?

Fitting a 240Z bumper on a 280Z can be done but it's not a bolt on. I believe brackets need to be made ( a search will give you the information you need). I have my old bumper, but I'm not sure if it will fit anymore. If I have time this weekend, and it does fit, I'll take a picture.

!M!

do a 240Z air dam on the 280Z.

run the 240Z turn signals and drill out the 280z turn signal brackets..

no you have even more room for a fmic and a cleaner look.

thats what i did on my hulk Z :)

im doing a carbon fiber front euro bumper to my blue Z, but the rear end is shaved.. should look nice.

i do love the no bumper look with a fmic though... :)

as you can tell from my blue Z :)

849_p45567.jpg

mike

The Xenon type that Mat73 has is the way to go, either in the 280 configuration, or in the 240 style like ON3GO is talking about.

They look great ( and match the car period wise)

They're functional

They are practically indestructible ( flexible urethane). One curb hit with a fiberglass spoiler, and that's all she wrote.

• 3 weeks later...