HybridZ

Lotus Elise, Bro (400hp turbo Elise vid too)

Heavy Z

Hi everyone, my brother just bought a 2005 Lotus Elise after years of owning modified Alfas. Only 3000 miles with a great sounding custom exhaust. After everything I've read and now driving one I'd say this is a car you guys would appreciate for sure. Not as fast as the Z, but it doesn't feel slow at all. 1950 lbs and a toyota 2zz 1.8 4 cylinder at 190hp gets it to 60 in 5 seconds stock. A factory supercharger upgrade is coming out, and I've also posted a track video of a 400hp turbo version. Nice to see lightweight sportscars still being made, anyone else out there into these cars?

Elise video:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=399218

elise_3.jpg

elise_1.jpg

elise_2.jpg

Droooooool.

thats my fav car.. well no the Exige is my dream car.

exigearcticsilverfr1.jpg

it WILL be my next car after i build up the maxima i wanna do....

sell the xB, sell my left nut and im good to go!

all black please :), black paint, black interior, black wheels, and for me being poor.... black market.

mike

Weirdly I went from a Lotus Elise to my 240Z. Although it had the Rover 1.8 K-Series engine which you guys didn't get due to emission regs. I had the engine tweaked to give around 160bhp and 140ish lbft which is a pretty respectable torque figure for that engine. Yes it was pretty fast and did handle very well (apart from when I stuffed it in to a wall, ooops) but you know, even though my Z has been up on stands for far too long and I can barely remember what it's like to drive, I much prefer the Z to it. It may be that as I went from a TVR Cerbera to the Elise, I just felt that there was no sense of occasion when driving the Elise in comparison. They're also relatively common here which does help the big head in me :D

Few pics of my old one here:

Clicky me

Note the all black look Mike ;)

Still it's good to see Lotus selling again in the US and hopefully bringing some much needed revenue to the Norfolk factory.

Cheers,

Rob

Guest bastaad525

Yeah the Exige is awesome, flat out. Everyone who's driven one says that they are the most amazing cars to drive. Maybe not the fastest, but everything about the car seems designed to deliver the ultimate driving experience.

Personally I was a little more fond of the last generation Elise with the round headlams, but what I don't like about the new Elise is easily made up for by the Exige which though is almost exactly the same somehow looks 300% better to me.

Is there really a market for left nuts?! put me on the list of sellers! Well, assuming the command a good price :D

EDIT: heh, watching that video was almost exactly like playing Gran Turismo 4... or rather, watching someone else play it. The way it looked, moved and even sounded. So GT4 is more accurate to "the real thing" than I thought :D Even the spinout part... just like GT trying to make a sharp turn with a little too much throttle :D I'm gonna play the heck out of GT4 in the morning when I get home, gonna only pick an Elise :D That's one of the few cars in GT4 that can actually easily be provoked into oversteer if I remember right. Very cool vid and those guys on the other forum saying the guy doesn't know how to drive are idiots.... looks like he was doing a damn good job to me. I don't imagine a rear weight biased, rwd 2000lb 400hp car is as easy to drive as their friggin Corolla's :P And I don't think I'd have driven that car 1/10 as well as he did.

awesome car rob!! all black is the way to go...

Austin.. thats the track version.. will hit the USA (maybbbbbbe) and be offered only as a comp car. weighs in less the 1600lbs!!!

mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle Pope

As much as the Elise/Exige rocks.. the Ariel Atom rocks even more.

To bad we can't have one of those in the states.

!M!

You can!! There is a company bringing them to the U.S. with all necessary components for street registration. I was at Concourso Italiano last month and saw one registered in California.