HybridZ

MSnS extra .. starts and runs for 2 sec. then dies! Then starts right up fine!

proxlamus©

Hey guys.. need your help

Recently, after my car has been sitting for a few hours, when I try to start it it starts right up perfectly fine, then dies after seriously like 2 seconds.

Then I start it back up and it's fine!!

It's just weird since it has never done that before..

I am running MSnS_Extra021u3 code and the After Start Enrichment is set for 30 seconds...

any thoughts?!

I know it has been colder around here the last week, I bet your ASE settings are just not good for cold starts. The question is, does this only happen in the mornings when it is cold, or anytime. I am still recommending to everyone that you upgrade to the newer codes that allow you to set the ASE based on temp and not just a fixed time delay everytime the car is started. That helps to fix two problems, one that the engine is colder and needs the longer time, two that the engine is already warmed up and doesn't need any ASE.

I know it has been colder around here the last week, I bet your ASE settings are just not good for cold starts. The question is, does this only happen in the mornings when it is cold, or anytime. I am still recommending to everyone that you upgrade to the newer codes that allow you to set the ASE based on temp and not just a fixed time delay everytime the car is started. That helps to fix two problems, one that the engine is colder and needs the longer time, two that the engine is already warmed up and doesn't need any ASE.

Is it hard to do? Ive asked this on zcar but if you upgrade code will you need to retune or just enter in your values in again?

Is it hard to do? Ive asked this on zcar but if you upgrade code will you need to retune or just enter in your values in again?

When I upgraded my MSnS code to the newer version with the 12x12 tables (the previous version had 8x8) I found a webpage on the net that interpolated my 8x8 table to the newer 12x12. But I can't find the link again!

If anyone finds this link, post it up, it is a big help. I didn't have to re-tune using this method.