HybridZ

Junkyards near Atlanta?

Guest 280kraZ

I was wondering if any of you atlanta guys know of some good junkyards for z cars in the atlanta area. Ive heard of atlanta z cars but thats pretty much it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im willing to do a good bit of driving to find some good stuff.

I was wondering if any of you atlanta guys know of some good junkyards for z cars in the atlanta area. Ive heard of atlanta z cars but thats pretty much it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im willing to do a good bit of driving to find some good stuff.
5 years ago you could find stuff in the pick-a=part on buford hiway, but I think ebay sellers have pretty much ruined the junkyard experience. Zcar atlanta does have good prices though.

I have to agree with Brad-manQ45, if you can avoid Z-car Atlanta on Buford Highway do avoid unless it is one of those small misc parts you can not find and you can not get the part from Z-barn, MSA or Victoria British. The manager/owner is rude and snotty and he charge outlandish prices for parts. If you do go to Z-Atlanta try catch one of the young guys who are cleaning parts in the salvage yard.

From time to time Eddie Radatz Motorsports may have some salvage or parts cars at his shop. His shop is up in Kennesaw.

Guest Phil1934

I stopped at Z car for a pair of CV axles. He quoted $100. Then came back and said another $40 for cores. Then brought them in and said he was quoting each. I got a pair for $100 elsewhere. Never trust a JY operator wearing a white lab coat.

I stopped at Z car for a pair of CV axles. He quoted $100. Then came back and said another $40 for cores. Then brought them in and said he was quoting each. I got a pair for $100 elsewhere. Never trust a JY operator wearing a white lab coat.
I guess I've been lucky. 2 trips there for this car (last 240 was 5 years ago).

First trip, I pulled a center console, heater panel, and the radio (just for grins) out of a car in the back and he charged me $75 for everything. I only had $70 in cash, so he settled for that.

2nd trip, 2 weeks ago, I needed a new turn signal switch. My high beam wires had corroded. On the phone I was told $75 by an asian guy. When I got there, Mr. Labcoat went in the back to find one for me, and had a couple. One was broken (the other wires, I only needed the high beam portion), so he said he would give me a discount for it. I asked how much, and he said, normal price $45, but $20 for this one.

Aside from his young assistant asking if my C6 corvette was a cobalt, I've had good experiences.

If you are willing to do a little driving there is a great place in Opelika, AL (about 90 miles from Atlanta). It's called Foreign Automotive Technicians. The owner's name is Ira and he has a bunch of old z's and such. Super nice guy and always very fair on whatever parts he has. If you want to get in touch with him the number is 334-742-0789. Tell him Jonathon gave you the number.

JT