HybridZ

Cooling Jagsthatrun.com radiator????

Lewis Maudlin

I am building an SR20DET 280Z. My last hybrid was a 400hp sbc. I ended up having to go with the Griffin 1.25" tube aluminum radiator. The biggest baddest radiator that would fit. I was also running air conditioning.

Anyway, I read this post on jagthatrun.com

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/V8-chapters/V8-DatsunZ-Cooling-System.pdf

It seemed to make sense. The guys at jags that run typically know what they are talking about. Does anyone have any suggestions? I like the nice clean mounting brackets prefabbed. I am worried that it won't be enough to cool my 250-300rwhp SR20DET with airconditioning. With my sbc swap I had the smaller core camaro radiator and it was not enough for the chevy. Will I need more or less with this turbo 4 cylinder???

Thanks.

I'm convinced the best set up for any motor in the Z for any amount of money is the JTR radiator and the Taurus fan. It also, just by chance, happens to be very economical.

That combo has been tested and found more than adequate over and over by many members here, self included.