HybridZ

Microtech Problems

Zraced...

ya it makes a difference.

you need a 300zx Z31 turbo DUAL pickup wheel inside the 280zx dizzy.

atleast thats what i needed on mine, and what ive been told to do on any LT system.

mike

i thought one was dual pick up and the other was single like on the 280zxt..

never bothered looking at a n/a as i was told to get a Turbo one.. so i dunno maybe your right.

maybe you have a setting wrong in your system itself.

ill look at my manual and see what i can come up with.

do you have fuel going to those cylinders thats not firing, or no fuel and just spark?

trying to see, cuz you have both fuel and spark controll on that system.

mike

I hooked my timing light up to the sytem, and got a signal from cylinder numbers 2,3,4 and none from 1,5,6. I'll hook up the plug wires to the ones not firing and turn the motor over to see if there is a spark. The CAS wheel in the distributor is from a 1985 300ZX with a positive and ground wire feeding inside...then there are two more wires white and green for the 360 slits and the six slits. The 280ZX turbo CAS has the same setup only the six slits are all the same. The 300ZX CAS wheel has one large slit to mark the number one piston and the rest are the same. What is the difference with the 300ZX turbo CAS??? Maybe the program Microtech sent me is not correct. It says Nissan 6 cylinder. Any help would be appreciated.

I got the motor to run, but it runs like crap...It runs rough and shoots black smoke out of the exhaust. It acts like it's running on 3 cylinders. Does anyone have the engine settings on their Microtech that I can compare to mine. Maybe the program that is on it is incorrect. I have 555 Nismo injectors and Garret GT35R BB turbo, but it should still run better than this with the stock settings. I'm getting ready for a refund.

ON3GO did you install your Microtech System? If not who did and can I call them to help trouble shoot? The 300ZX guys told me the turbo and nonturbo distributors are the same. What may be the problem is the computer program. Who programed your computer? Someone in the states or Microtech? If I can compare my program with one that is running a 280 I may find my problem.

Thanks,

Cole

What size injectors are you running? I have 555cc Nismo injectors and I wonder if they are the problem. If you get the time would you be able to get me your settings? Such as if your running group fire or sequential? Are you running the six coil set? I'm mostly interested in the CAS settings. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Cole

whats your fuel pressure?

the LTX12 on my green Z isnt running on a L28ET so its all different.

plus that engine isnt running msd at all.

seems like you need to adjust everything to work with all that fuel your getting.

mike

My brand new Garrett GT35R BB turbo was leaking oil into the downpipe and the turbine side...I have a restrictor on the inlet to limit the pressure, but I'm not sure if this is normal. Once I take it off and check things out I'll get back to starting the motor. Maybe the turbo needs to heat up to temperature to stop leaking. Let me know if that sounds normal.

Thanks,

Cole

Just to throw in my experience with programmable EFI and distributors. Even with a dual pickup unit, you probably only need the signal from one of the pickups with a programmable EFI unless something is very unique in there. I went through this when setting up megasquirt.

If you have a way of checking to see that Microtech is getting a stable RPM signal then that's not your problem.