HybridZ

Pinto Ad

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Those Vegas littered the road sides for years after breaking down. They had these aluminum 4 cylinder blocks that GM had some kind of factory "urination" treatment to strengthen the cylinders. They finally came out with the "Iron Duke" engine that had steel sleeves inserted in the aluminum cylinders but the public would not buy the throw away car anymore.Vegas, Pintos and the Jap imports killed the VW bug sales.

I miss my '72 Vega GT. Worn out 350, TH400, 9inch rear with 4.56:1 gears. No speedo but BOY did it scream! Yes, it twisted good - I pinched more than one friend's fingers when they would roll down the window and put their elbow out to hold onto the frame :D

Guest Anonymous

The best part about owning a Vega was that factory motor mounts existed to install either the small-block Chevy V8 or the Buick turbo-V6 and bigger Malibu front discs were almost a bolt-on. The Monza/Skyhawk is the same car with sleeker sheetmetal.

my mom used to drive a baby blue pinto when i was a little kid, people used to point at us and laugh. i remember when it used to park outside once they didnt drive it anymore, when people would come over and stuff they would ask if it was out car, and I would say no.