HybridZ

Increasing track

While reading the acceptable + size offset thread i started thinking about increasing a z's track. I want to run the 16X8 +10 offset rota's aux's friend is selling and I was wondering, since i need to have a spacer of atleast 5-8 mm in the front (to clear the 4x4 setup), would it be possible to make the spacer big enough to fit nicely under ZG flares. I really like the ZG look but i do not want my wheels to get super wide for handleing (steering effort anyway), hydroplanning, and since im not racing its just plain not necessary. I believe my lug's are 43mm long opposed to the 32mm the Z had before, any way i picked up 10-11mm of threads over stock. So would it be wise to increase the track to make these wheels line up with ZG's or is the difference simply too much. Thanks

There was a recent discussion on this subject IIRC. Anyway, adding 10mm track each side at the front should not cause any significant problems. It may make the steering a bit heavier at low speeds, there may be a bit more steering kickback, but I wouldn't agonise over a total 20mm.

Rudy I posted a day or 2 ago how i changed the track 70mm on my car (35mm each side) and I've only noticed an increase in performance, which could be related to tyres. Its much more direct when going into a corner (the only way i can explain how it feels), im getting a bit less body roll but thats natural because i've changed the centre of gravity in the car.

It was wet last night and i floored it around a few corners and it has more "kick" when straightening up, almost like i had to put in more effort to correct oversteer, but at the same time my steering feels sharper.

If you are going to install spacers get the bolt on ones and make sure they are bolted on properly.