HybridZ

Good site for LS1/LT1 weights...

i just weighed my 01 ls1, no a/c compressor or p/s pump, dry, no exhaust manifolds, with flywheel, clutch, pressure plate & t56 attached. used 2 old bathroom scales with a 2x8 between them. did it several times and came up with the same weight each time [within 2 pounds]. grand total...

515 pounds.

i'll do the same as soon as i pull the inliner.

david

to satisfy my own curiosity...

weighed it again this morning but a bit differently in how i positioned it on the scales. came in at 505 lbs.

pulled the L28 today with zx 5 speed. here's the weight...

L28, dry, with alternator, flywheel, clutch assy, zx 5 spd n/a tranny and no intake or exhaust manifold-455 pounds.

add on my supercharger & intake manifold brings it up to 505 lbs, just 10 lbs lighter than the LS1 in the post above. i'm confident that the carb'd or fi intake manifolds are a bit lighter than my jcr supercharger. but this gives you pretty close weights for our inliners.

david

That corresponds pretty closely with my experience. My car - with and EFI L28 with AC, 5-spd, and 3.90 R200 wieghed 2800 lbs. Pulled the drivetrain and replaced it with an LS1 with AC, T56, and a 3.70 LSD R200 and it weighed 2830. Net gain of 30 lbs over original. My best guess is that the LS1 is about 25 lbs lighter than the L28, the T56 is about 50 lbs heavier than the Nissan T-5, and the LSD r200 is about 5 lbs heavier than the open R200 because of the clutch pack and finned cover.