HybridZ

17x8" +35 WHEELS SIZE OF SPACER NEEDED?

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I was doing some searching and an old post from BlueOvalZ popped up. In It he said he ran 245/45R16 tires all around with 3/8" clearance between the stock perches and tire sidewall, this was on a 8" rim. So a 9" rim should clear coilovers w/ stock fenders.

Ohh he stated he had a 4.5" back space on his 8" rim. So I'd think a +15 - +20 offset on the 9" rim would work best with coilovers. Unless my math is flawed.

I was doing some searching and an old post from BlueOvalZ popped up. In It he said he ran 245/45R16 tires all around with 3/8" clearance between the stock perches and tire sidewall' date=' this was on a 8" rim. So a 9" rim should clear coilovers w/ stock fenders.

Ohh he stated he had a 4.5" back space on his 8" rim. So I'd think a +15 - +20 offset on the 9" rim would work best with coilovers. Unless my math is flawed.[/quote']

Intresting since he had 4.5" back space that means he was running about 0 offset (if back space is measured from the edge of the sidewall, im not sure on where it is measured from). So if that was to be applied to a 9" then you need an aditional free 1/2 inch of space from the coil over conversion plus the rim would need to stay a 0 offset. If the gain from the conversion was a full inch of room then a +13 offset 9 inch could be used. So how much more back spacing is gained from the coil over conversion and, is back space measured from center to sidewall or center to edge of rim (before the lip). Whew

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Center To The End Of The Wheel Is The Backspace Measurement.

Well There Is Already 3/8" Of Space Between His Stock Perch And The Tire (which Is Just Under The Total Width Of A 9" Rim, 9.7" Tire To 10" Wheel). So Just Swapping To A 9" Wheel May Be Possible (17" Wheel Makes It Even Easier With The Extra Clearance) If I Go With A 4.7" Backspace.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Why Run Wider Than 245?

I Only Have An Sr20det And The Max Output I Want Is About 350whp... I Plan On Going With Near R Compound Tires (azenis St-615 For Track, Hankook Rs For Street), So I'm Sure Traction Issues Won't Be Much Of A Problem.

I'm Glad I Can Get A 9" Wide Wheel To Fit Up Front.... Actually Clifton I Have To Get Your Email Address, I Have A Couple Questions For You.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

7858tireclearance-med.jpg

THIS PICTURE FROM YOUR SITE CLIFTON SHOWS YOUR CLEARANCE WITH A 12MM OFFSET AND 275/40R17 TIRES. WITH 245'S I SHOULD GAIN A BUNCH OF CLEARANCE ON EITHER SIDE OF THE WHEEL (9.6" WIDE SECTION WIDTH COMPAIRED TO 11") AND CAN ACTUALLY RUN A .7" LOWER OFFSET AND POSSIBLY CLEAR STOCK PERCHES WITH SOME MILD ROLLING.