HybridZ

zg and 8 inchrim

ive been searching but ive been finding stuff about a stock car and the widest tire that will work with it...

I want to run the zg flares with a 16 inch rim, will an 8.5" rim be sufficent? or should i go nine inch and what offset should i use? i like the deep dish look A LOT, so i definately want that. But at the same time i dont want to go too far and put more stress on the car than is needed.

I will probably get the coilover set from modern motorsport and a set of illuminas..

I plan on running an advan oni style rim

I apologize for the newb question...

thanks,

David

An 8.5" wide wheel will work. A 245/45/16 will be the widest street tire you will be able to find but you probably do not need any wider than that anyway. A -12 to -19 offset will push the wheel out to the edge enough to fill in the ZG flares and give the deep dish look too. You will not need the coilovers for clearance with that type of offset wheel, the back space is only 4"-4.25" (depending on the offset), if you go past 4.5" of backspace you would need coilovers. Illumina's are very nice shocks, I really like mine.