HybridZ

240 from 280

Guest go rilla

Guest go rilla

i cannot seem to spot out the body differences of the two. anybody, able to show me a pic that shows me the differences in the body? i was 1st introduced to the car by falling in love with the 240z body shape and stance but i am looking at a 280z right now. from what i see they are pretty much the same. any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

The rear quarter panels are different due to the bumpers. The 240 and early 260 have a slight depression that the smaller bumper sits in after it wraps around the side of the car. The 280's rear quarters are flush. The 280 also has bigger "chin" pieces that make up the lower nose portion of the car. These are bigger due to both the larger crash bumpers, and the revised location of the turn indicators to the center grill area. As far as extrnal sheetmetal goes, those are the most significant differences between the two.

Mike

yah alot of my friends mistake the too... I saw a nice orange 240z last night with a friend and i wanted to see if he/she would want to sell it, but my friends kept saying it was a 280z.. when i was a kid i didnt really care and thought they all looked the same.. but im lookin for a Z and perferably a 240z becuase it looks more "classic" instead of the big fat bumpers..

here is a Japanese tuned 240z *just Fairlady Z in its home market*

a017890887-img600x450-1128500078138649_1.jpg

a017890887-img600x450-1128500087138649_2.jpg

Never seen a 280z look like nostalgic.

But dont let this become a 240z vs. 280z thread, theres alot of those, which are all opinion based and biased towards who drives what. Both great cars.

holy crap that is beautiful. the color is a good match for that car!

anyway, as far as the 280's with the big bumper. well, you can always take it off lol. thats what i did and its improved the looks of it ten fold in my opinion..