HybridZ

something burned out on ms board???

boostin280zx

I had my ms hooked up and it was a getting tach signal and everything but Q5 on the heat sinc got really hot. I unpluged it for awhile and reconnected it and it stopped getting hot but all the gauges on the laptop stayed the same as they were when it got hot. I took my stimulator out and hooked that up and it wouldnt change the rpms or anything on the laptop. What is Q5 for and did it burn up since its not getting hot anymore? also the fuel pump lite on the stimulator and the lap top flash on and off.

MSnS-extra on v3pcb

Q5 drives the FIDLE line I believe. It was probably installed wrong, which is kind of easy to do on the transistors. I would replace it and check all of the other transistors to verify all are installed in the correct orientation and then try the stimulator again. If that is the only component that went out the laptop should still be able to communicate through the serial port so you know the processor is OK.

Guest 73Turbo240z
alright, i fixed that problem. turns out that that was the last thing i installed on the heat sinc and i forgot to solder it. I replaced it and everythings fine now.

glad to hear you got it fixed... sorry i didn't spot the sauder thing earlier today... now get her running so we can line em up soon.