HybridZ

Leaning out?

stagefumer11

Im hoping im thinking right and testing right.

My l20et has been getting worse over the past 3 weeks. Lucky i only drive it 3 times a week. But this morning any major load. e.g past 5psi, Power wouldnt drop off quickly and then she would miss and stutter, and blow large amounts of brown (ritch) smoke. Tonight comming home was worse. Swaped over another AFM meter. And hooked up my o2 sensor again. And any hint of boost it would go megga lean and fall flat on its ***. (a/f guage)

Putting back in my other afm. still the same.. Would i best to presume my Fuel pump is buggerd?. It has been making some groaning noises when off throttle crusing on and off, time to time.

OK... ill rephrase things and sum up what ive done.

After comming to the judgement my Fuel pump was stuffed. Replaced it wit ha walbro 450hp version. And she ran great last night. Untill this morning yet again underload anything past 5psi it just stumbels and dies badly. 1st gear is a joke.

What i noticed was. when removing my old fuel pump. The fuel feed didnt flow to well. and after 5 seconds stoped. Didnt flow again, Even removing the fuel cap to see if that was a problem.... how are fuel pickups ment to flow. ?

Black smoke is from an overly rich mixture not lean. If you were lean enough for it to stumble you could also have intake backfire (pop).

You went from being to rich and swapping an AFM to to lean and you now think it's the fuel pump? Why would the FP suddenly stop with the AFM swap?

You can check the return line volume for flow.

the black smoke was for around a week ago. Really at the beginning of eveything to start happening. Swapping the afms was just checking to see if they were the problem . IT was the same with the current one that was in it...

I replaced the fuel pump. And it ran great. Simply stunning. the next day, Back to crap again But it looks like it is a alternator problem. Its anoying as my alternator is my 3rd one. This one was brandnew. only 1 year ond.

Ive got a 90a Rb alternator to go on. Just need to swap the pullys over.