HybridZ

my car got broken into!

Guest HBZ81

So I got my 84 300ZX at the shop getting a bunch of things done. Well every few nights I swing by a look at it. Usually things are fine. Tonight as I was walking off from my check I notice one of the t tops doesnt look right. Well upon closer look I see prints/streak marks in the dust on the roof. Someone had pried up the passanger side top to get inside!

Well when i looked inside I notice i didnt have a radio, my glove box was broken, and there wasn't very much of anything else in the car...

Well that's how the car was before the break in, but it's the fact that someone attempted to steal from me that got me really upset!

Nothing was more painful than when my brother's 93 cobra was stolen. That's pain man.

Ever since then that split second before you see your car becomes heatbreaking. It's like reliving the pain everytime you look for your car and don't see it right away. Sometimes it's looking in the wrong isle. Sometimes it's one space farther than you thought, or on the other side a big van. Sometimes it's just that moment before turning the corner and expecting to see it. But everytime it feels like your car might have been stolen.

What i'm trying to say is, I feel your pain.

That blows something fierce. Atleast they didnt shred it though.

Car alarms are worth their weight in gold. Thankfully' date=' atleast while around my home, I have a 190pd Mastif on hand to lets me know when anyone approachs the house he doesnt know.[/quote']

My honda Prelude was stolen... twice, and the first person took the radio and at that time my car was less than perfect on a hot day, it would stall out and wouldn't restart for 20 minutes. Well it looked like it stalled on her and she pulled in the red zone on the side of a busy road. It looked like she left in a hurry because she left a lot of things I had in there, I had too much in there for her to carry, but she left behind a shopping bag (that wasn't mine) that had tampons and milk in it. Thank god the milk didn't open before I got the car back. The think started right up at the tow lot and I took it home, she smoked and left the ash tray totally full with butts and basically must have been pissed because she put out a few cigarettes in my seats and took a pen and poked at the headliner like 50 times. Didn't break through but looked like a star filled sky when you looked up. she put 100 miles on it and actually had more gas then when it was stolen. I guess she had to walk home. Heh heh. I broke even. The second time it was stolen, there wasn't anything to steal so they just parked it after it was low on gas.

Musta been a really stupid thief to not notice that the car was already missing the radio, had a broken glove box, and basically had nothing iside it. Strange that he'd even bother to put the T-top back in place if he were that dumb. Maybe it wasn't a thief - maybe the shop left the keys in the car & locked it and that was their way to recover the keys?

Musta been a really stupid thief to not notice that the car was already missing the radio, had a broken glove box, and basically had nothing iside it. Strange that he'd even bother to put the T-top back in place if he were that dumb. Maybe it wasn't a thief - maybe the shop left the keys in the car & locked it and that was their way to recover the keys?

Naaa, I had to put the stock broken radio back in, all the buttons were worn so you coundn't read them, it wouldn't turn off, the antenna only went down 1/2 way, two speakers were blown, the interior was relatively ok on the surface, but there was a hard crust on the seats from the time I spilled the "orange stuff" caugh medicine, and every panel was either dented or rusted. The airbag was previously removed, it burned 1qt per 250 miles and the front rotors vibrated like an SOB. The rims were aluminum, only very oxidized and scratched, and the engine leaked an unknown fluid, clean and clear unlike anything I had ever seen before or since, an unknown spot on the garage floor which was more like jelly, smelled like burnt plastic and was crystal clear! some of the gages flickered on and off, the gas gage randomly showed empty or full, and it had real trouble starting. My wife said it sounded "like it had a cold". That might actually explain the clear liquid. Oh and it wouldn't pass smog.

So they just left it about 1/2 mile up the street.