HybridZ

Took my Dad for a ride!

Mike kZ

Yesterday I took my 72 year old dad for a little ride in my Z! I took it easy until I found a remote road to go down. Then I let it rip... chirped in 2nd and 3rd, then came to a stop. Looked over to my dad, and he was just grining form ear to ear! "holy cow is this thing fast! It's like being in a stock car" When we got home, my dad went to my mom and said "that car is like being in a jet on takeoff!" My mom laughed, and he said "no...really! it pins you to the seat, and those fat rear tires chirped in every gear!!" He was freaking out! I love it!!!! :D2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Great story, wish my Dad had been around to see my Z, he would have dug it. Heh, funny about the jet plane, ya know the last time I came back from Tempe I had to laugh, what used to be my all time favorite G-force sensation had lost its zeal, I kid you not, I think the HybridZ pulls harder at least up to maybe 100 than the average fully loaded 737 on take off. That made me -> :D alot.

Regards,

Lone

hehe, cool!! when i got mine going, my dad was really skeptical. he thought the 6 cylinder was enough for these cars... my '76 280 is pretty quick... but it has nothing on a v8 car (except for ford mustangs.. i can hang with those guys).

when i took my dad for the first ride, i tried to be the responsible driver, only getting on it a little bit going down the road. he thought it was really smooth, commenting that he originally expected that it would be making the whole car shake, etc. then i let him drive and he went balls to the wall with it, hehe... and that was with the 330 hp 350 i had. he had a similar grin as your dad... and from then on wanted to go everywhere in my car. he has yet to ride in it with the 377, though.

when his car went in the shop... "can i borrow the z". yeah, i'll bring the 280 right over. "no, the OTHER z". he gives me a hard time, but he's no stranger to muscle cars. he's had several fast cars in his time (including a '62 Ford interceptor state patrol car.... very fast.. i wish he still had it). after seeing him drive my car, i can see where i inherited my lead foot from.

Guest kc6wfs

Cool thread!!

My did loved my Z, he never rode in it after it was converted. booo passed away.

But I'm sure he is watching over me when I get on it grinning.

Even with the webbers and all when I took him to the doctors in it he wanted me to gun it. He said. Yep faster than my Probe!

He paid for my yellow paint job after that.

Dave

cheers.gif

Ditto on the "cool thread" part.

Building a V8Z will give me the satisfaction of showing my father that I can actually do something well mechanically. I'd love to impress him with a V8Z. Hopefully this is the year to do that, but we'll see. Pop has built an engine or two in his life and has owned some fast cars, but I'd love to top all of them with a built V8Z.

Again, very cool thread, Mike, and I'm glad he was impressed.

Davy

I still havent put my engine in the car yet, but I cant wait to take my dad for a rip in it when its done. He should have a blast.

When I first got my Z car all those years ago (was 16 at the time!) I took it for a spin with my dad, flying along the Highway and my dad looks over at me, "How fast are we going?". I'm like..."uhhh...170Km/h", he just nods in approval, and then 5 seconds later he asks again and we are at 180km now...to which he replies "yeah thats probably fast enough" :D:D

my dad positively hates the z, hes a straight six type of guy, but he does like that i work hard on it and take pride in keeping it running well, and that i dont ask him for money to pay for mechanics anymore (i think thats what he really likes)

Guest Zpeed

My dad loves working on the Z with me, and getting his car dirty, and getting it work good..

but he doesn't like making it fast, cause i'm his son, and only 18, but give it 3 years, and some sweet engine is going in.. but I'll be putting the HiPo L28 in there soon, soon enough.. or V8 or RB... or something else..fg