HybridZ

Found LS1 + T56 Combo - THoughts

Hey there,

I love being on this side of the world. I found a good LS1 and T56 combo, wiring loom and computer included all for the grand total of $12,000 NZ dollar (and no that aint a typo!). I reckon it would be cheaper to buy it in the States and import it over!

Being Broke sucks!

Not sure but does this mean it does?

700-R4

- The 700-R4 is now called the 4L60, and computer controlled 700-R4s are now called 4L60-E (the "E" stands for electronic). The 700R-4 can and has been used for RX-7 conversions, but expect to do some minor modifications to the trans. tunnel. The 700R-4 is quite a bit heavier than the 2004-R and has more parasitic losses. An engine computer is not required for proper operation of the pre-'92 transmissions, but minor re-wiring is required for operation of the lock-up converter. The 4L60-E REQUIRES the proper ECM/engine combination to function correctly. Output shaft spline is the same as the T-350 and 200-4R, but the overall length is longer. The 700-R4 from a 60 degree V-6 will NOT fit a 90 degree V-6 or any V-8, as the bellhousing bolt pattern is different. The Corvette 700-R4 does not have provision for a conventional transmission mount.

From

http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/rx7engineselectioninfo.html

surely there must be some commodore v8s being trashed over there by now i got my ls1 out of a vt clubsport r8 commodore 250 kw complete with tremec 6 speed and computer $5000 aussie seen some since ranging from $4000 aussie to $8000 aussie with box and computer

heaps of guys modifying them here now got the secruitys burnt off and raised the rev limiter for $500

freight shouldnt be that dear to Nz from australia should it

Mick