HybridZ

Just got my Turbo motor!?!?!

big-phil

Hey all just got back from the junk yard with my $150 turbo motor. I was going to take the head off and have a valve job done. I noticed that the freeze plug in the rear off the head is missing. What would that be from. If the head and block are bad I was going to put the turbo set-up onto my L28 with the megaSnS, And the injectors and fuel pump from the turbo. The motor seems to have almost no compression in some pistons, I thought it might be from sitting, a couple of valves are stuck??? but now I see that the freeze plug is gone so now I don't no.

I would just use all the components you got of the engine. The freeze plug missing could mean alot of things... all bad. it is likely that the engine overheated at some point. the compression thing is not good at all. Just swap over your turbo components and call it a day.

when I first bought my Z I blew a head gasket and warped my head so I bought a reconditioned head with a new valve job, guides, everything. Its an N47 head and from what I've heard and read on this sight all the turbo stuff I think would work well on my engine.

OR should I put my N47 head on the turbo block?? I don't no if the b;ock is good so I guess I should stick with my N/A block and head??

Best thing to do is stick with your n/a block but use the p90 turbo head. I would get it rebuilt with a valve job prob $150.00 The p90 turbo head has the correct exhaust ports that will match up to the turbo manifold. If you use an n47 head they will not match. You can put this together and run 10 psi with an intercooler. About 220wrhp. Good luck

Hey thanks Thumper. So do you think going above 10 psi would not be safe. Also I found another turbo motor with a bad turbo for $300 the turbo on my motor has no play at all so I asume its good. I took off the head and the # 4 and 5 cylinders are scratched up bad.