HybridZ

clock stoped

big-phil

My girlfriend works on airplane instrumentation and she is looking at why the clocks all seem to be broken. I gave her 240 and 280 clocks to mess with. No update yet but there is an external adjustment for slow or fast clocks. I need to find her the proper voltage setting for the clock. I think they are on a pulsed 12v input and haven't found a spare "voltage regulator" (as my reference manual calls them) at the JY .

Take the clock out and look at it. It's looks like any other clock adjustment. There's a screw and a "+" or "-". Take your pick on which way to turn, (just don't cut the red wire.) I think you can adjust in the car but I'm waiting for the word from The Girl about why they all seem to run slowly or are broken.

I put 3 different clocks in my 280z, and none lasted more than 2 months, so I found a better use for the clock housing...

4c63cef727.jpg

Anyways, if you're serious about having a reliable clock, the best thing to do is have it rebuilt with a quartz mechanism by someplace like zclocks.com or find one of the original quartz clocks which were an option for the '78 280z.

The boost guage was just a cheap $30 thing from ebay, but I removed its guts and adapted them into the 280z clock housing, which required a couple hrs. of custom work. If you want to make one I'd be happy to tell you more about whats invloved. It looks great now since it fits perfectly in the clock location uses the stock green backlighting.