HybridZ

New guy here, I'm David and I live in Melbourne Aust.

Just doing the final touches to a deal on a 75 260Z with a Chev 350 (LT1) and a TH350 tranny, discs all round and so on. I'd like your opinion on the things I should be watching out for and what I'd have to do to turn it into a near daily driver - reliability is paramount. The current spec is as follows:

2 seater coupe, ground up rebuild, debadged, ZG style front end, leather bucket seats, 350 Chev motor, heavy duty pushrods, roller rockers, Wieand manifold, custom alloy radiator, alloy water pump, thermo fans, alloy pulleys, MSD billet distributor, MSD ignition, 10mm leads, Holley Projection 4 fuel injection, Brodix heads, custom exhaust, Momo wheel, Fuel pressure gauge, strut brace, roll cage, TH350 transmission with 3000 stall and shift kit, 4 wheel disc brakes, brake bias valve, 16" wheels with Yokohama tyres, Honda CR-X mirrors etc etc. The whole car has been re-wired using a Skyline fuse box with the later style blade fuses

This car is producing about 170Kw at the rear wheels, which is adequate for the moment, as i don't intend to race the car - maybe in the future.....

It's been about 10 years since my last 260Z and I like the a/c and power steering of my modern cars. is there difficulty in fitting either to this car? maybe a 300z pwr rack set up? I'm interested in a fun car for my 14 yr old son and I to work on and play in.

Only issues I can see you addressing in the future are the tranny... TH350s don't have overdriven gears for better highway cruising and that can hurt you two fold... Fuel mileage and NOISE. Taching the motor up droning down the highway will get old over time... If the body is solid with no rust, and the chassis is solid, Sounds like a good deal to me. Check all the areas for rust you know... Battery box, floor pans, frame rails, inside under gasket at the rear hatch seal, TC rod mount box cracks. And if you can get a peek behind the interior panel at the gas filler lid, you might want to look in there... I found rust this past weekend in mine while converting the filler door for my fuel cell.

Welcome aboard! :2thumbs:

Mike