HybridZ

headers

Shortbed, those headers will probably hit the firewall. I personally have Hedman tighttube block hugger headers, They have alot of cleareance to the steering shaft. Although Myplasticegg is right on the sandersons. do a search on Sandersons, you'll get quite a bit of info.

I finally gave up trying to find anything else but block hugger headers fitting. It's block huggers, modified headers or custom headers for the JTR mounting.

I keep kicking the idea of getting sombodys wrecked z car, cutting the rest of the car off except for the front clip (including the fenders), mount an old v8 in it, put it up on a trailer and driving it to summit or one of the header manufacturers and seeing if they something else that will fit except block huggers.

originally posted by shortbed454

i did a search and did not find any info. i was wondering if any one has used shorty headers on their z.

You have got to be f'ing joking. A search on "headers" returned 500 hits.

Perhaps you missed all 500?????

John

do a search for shortty headers and see what you come up with that would help. funny ha ha

Ahhh....the reason your search results suck is because your spelling also sucks.

Try a search for block huggers.

Concentrate on using the same letters in the same order when typing it into the search box.

John

sorry for the typographical error in my reply i did a search for "shorty headers" to see if anyone has used them or had any luck with them. i know that most people are using block huggers but i was just looking for information on shorty headers. i thought i could get some help on the subject not get criticized. but thanks anyway.

Once you get past block huggers the selection is pretty thin. I've used the hooker bh's, which have 1 5/8 tubes, and I think the sandersons mentioned above may have 1 3/4. But so far as longer tubes, about the only choice is the S&S 5205's. They have 1 3/4 primaries something like 28" long. They get real close to the footwells and ground clearance is bad if you using the jtr mounts. The MSA mounts give a little more ground clearance. You can check them out at http://www.ssheaders.com/.

John

i thought i could get some help on the subject not get criticized. but thanks anyway.

Hey, don't take it as being critized, We don't want people to be bashful about there ideas.. If you have a extreme idea you will get extreme comments.

I have a lot of fun on this site and most of the time its good quality remarks.

It was just different when you talked about building the car around the headers.. I hope you see it as fun and not people being mean spearited...

I have posted some pretty odd ideas, it helps to see what kind of remarks people make...

Shortbed454 and getz, where are you guys located in AZ, I have a shop at my house where my ongoing lt1 conversion is taking place and I have built a set of headers for it but they are for side pipe exhaust, full lenght of course. I would like to fab up a prototype full length header for the jtr conversion but my car has been modified so much I cant use it for the fitment of full length headers. If I can fab some up and build a jig I will start producing them for the masses since this seems to be an ongoing problem for everyone. I am in Queen Creek so let me know...

Stephen

Flying Dutchman Motorwerks

Queen Creek AZ

i wanna see the shop. and i may want a set of shorty's to test fit. i planned on buying a set for the wife's truck and trying them in the car first but i am lazy. i would rather have someone else do all the work and have me there for moral support and beer supply.

so in all seriousness..... does anyone know of any zcar with the shorty style header like above picture. they seem like they would flow much better than most huggers.