HybridZ

MSD Two-Step

Jersey

I asked a few questions HERE but didn't get much responce. If one (or more :))question(s) could be answered, what determines the amount of boost built with the two-step? Is it like, if i set the low side pill @ like 3000RPM, does it only build a certain amount of boost and if i raise the rpm pill value, does the boost build higher? If so, what rpm pill builds what kind of boost with the two-step? What's a ballpark boost level to launch at with at the track? I know these questions are tough to give a definitive answer to but if i get some sort of idea, i could buy a range of pills that would put me in the general area of getting it right. Just trying to get the Z set up with this before i take one more shot @ the 11's in 2 weeks. I think this setup would help me do it. Thanks in advance.

LOL i'm just about to order this myself. Wondering if I should get 3000-3800pills or the 4000-4800 pills. I think with our drag radials 3400 should do it so that is what i'm going to order. What pills did you order? I'm also ordering line lock so that I can do a better burn out. We will see if this helps.

It's just so confusing!!! lol. I didn't buy anything yet. I'm still looking into the digital 6 which has the rev limiters built-in and also a timing retard, if needed. If you have a 6AL and the 2 step, i would consider getting the MSD 8670 (click) for adjustability of your low limit. This way you'll be set for different track conditions, tempertures..etc. Just a thought. Let me know how you make out and how it builds boost. Real interested. Thanks.

Yeah but I need 2-step because I am going megasquirt and I want to do full throttle shifts. So I need a low and high rpm switch. And the adjustable ones for that are $150 vs $80 for the 2-step plus rpm pills. So I think i will live with having to open hood and put a different pill in:twisted:

Yes, use your 6AL, the two step and this module. Just thought it would be nice to plug that 3000-5200rpm module into one side of the 2-step for your low limit and keep it inboard for easy adjustability and use a 6500 or 7000 pill in the other side of the 2-step for over-rev protection. Would be cheaper if you have a range of pills, just thought it would be cool :)

Yeah but I need 2-step because I am going megasquirt and I want to do full throttle shifts. So I need a low and high rpm switch. And the adjustable ones for that are $150 vs $80 for the 2-step plus rpm pills. So I think i will live with having to open hood and put a different pill in:twisted:
uh... I believe there is already a code variant on MSnS do do the 2 step, you gotta love open source code ;)