HybridZ

Quiet Exhuast??

Bimmerman

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's not the same thing with a different engine but.. I wanted a especially quiet exhaust for my turbo-pathfinder. I used two magnaflow straight thru mufflers in series. It is super quiet! If you stand at the back of the truck when it's running, the noise from the engine itself drowns out the exhaust!

• 3 weeks later...

In High school I had a 66 3/4 ton Ford with a 390. I had a 2.5" manifolds and 3" pipes with glasspacks.

What a sweet, smooth and remakably quiet (at idle) sounding tone!

After about 6 monthe of nothing but tearing up the streets, I had to replace the glasspacks... tee hee.

I think you'll need to run a set of low restriction resonators and then through a good mufler. I'm running mine wit no resonator through a single magnaflow muffler. It is relatively quiet at idle (definite low rumble) and cruise but definitely picks up when stepped on to very obvious not a 6.

Would it be better if I ran a resonator then thought a muffler? Would this help it quiet down at all?

Putting a resonator in mine turned it down from an obnoxious 95 dB at WOT to an irritating but not dangerous 80db. It was a 3" spiral core resonator the 3" glass pack I had originally did nothing... well almost nothing.