HybridZ

Ahhhh.... almost done... and my bank account is crying...

Guest 73Turbo240z

nice enkeis! The car looks Great on the ground! Just out of curiosity, I think I recall you saying that you were using eibach progressive rate springs? I have the same springs on my car and it appears lower than yours. Your car being a 240z it should sit lower on the same springs. What size tires do you run?

-Oliver

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73Turbo240z

thanks for the comments everyone, lol i was looking forward to driving it more today in the daylight, and now it's been raining w/ flood warnings all over the place. lol, guess i'll wait till tommorow.

nice enkeis! The car looks Great on the ground! Just out of curiosity' date=' I think I recall you saying that you were using eibach progressive rate springs? I have the same springs on my car and it appears lower than yours. Your car being a 240z it should sit lower on the same springs. What size tires do you run?

-Oliver[/quote']

yea, it's an eibach pro-kit, most subtle lowering kit i could find, keep in mind too that the car had only been on the ground for 30 minutes or less when i took that, just got it off the stands and rolled it down the driveway. so i'm hoping it will settle out more, we'll see.

it's lower thats for sure, i smacked my brand new fuel sumped tank on the pavement w/ my retarded driveway, definately made me pucker.

Guest 73Turbo240z

ARAGRARAGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTHER F@$$*(%(

less than 48 hours of running, and the felpro headgasket appears to have taken a massive dump... and 8psi...

can't say more till i take it all apart (again :- ), but essentially on3go and i took it out tonight, had a few small mishaps with fuses, sorted that out, and were trying to figure out why the power was cutting up above 5500rpm...

did a 3rd through 5th load up on the motor, shifted 3rd and 4th at 5500rpm, just before it would cut up like usual, and upon getting into 5th, it felt like the power fell off, so i'm guessing thats when the gasket went, i didn't catch it till roughly a half mile to mile later when i noticed the plume of smoke trailing the car (night time).

It hadn't lost enough coolant to overheat or get even close, pulled over, checked it out, seep all along where the head meets the block, dandy...

So now i get to disassemble everything i just finished assembling... and pull the head to figure out wtf happened. I wanted to show my family this on christmas... i'll be hard pressed to accomplish that now.

that is really beautiful, i know you are sobbing (or at least your bank account is) but you will come to realize it was all worth it when you drive that beast because you really cant put a price on happiness and judging by all the work you put into that...you will probably be euphoric. Im sure that if your dad could see what you are doing, he'd be happy, and soon you will be thanking him.

ps: i really like those pistons, what kind are those?